Upon the delivery of the verdict Welshofer hugged his wife and soldiers erupted into applause. The sentence is to be reviewed by the resident Maj. Gen. Robert W. Mixon. Mixon, however, is not allowed to issue a harsher sentence.During the hearing Welshofer said with heartfelt remorse, "I deeply apologize if my actions tarnished the soldiers serving in Iraq. It was never my intent to cast aspersions on their tremendous accomplishments." He apparently didn't feel bad about the life he took, he didn't wish bad press upon his fellow soldiers. How commendable! Cheerio, good sir!
Classy, America. I am so glad and thankful that a complete Republican-controlled U.S. Government has been working so hard with God to usher in an era of righteousness, humility, sensibility, responsibility, fiscal responsibility, and good plain common sense. Click here for the full story.
In comparison, a protester was sentenced to six months for adorning the walls and flag a military recruitment center in upstate New York with "vials of blood." I'm not arguing protesters fighting for noble causes should be dealt with with leniency, but that in comparison, our military courts are mock trials for "good old boys." Click HERE for that story.